August 6 & 7, 11:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
SEATTLE, Wash.—(July 26, 2011) — Join Waterways Cruises for a spectacular way to celebrate Seafair—aboard a Blue Angels BBQ Lunch Cruise. The Waterways’ yacht will be positioned to provide guests with the breathtaking experience of seeing the amazing performance of the Blue Angels up close from every deck. Enjoy a savory and sizzling Tennessee BBQ lunch buffet on this unforgettable cruise.
WHO: Waterways Cruises
WHAT: Blue Angels BBQ Lunch Cruises
· Four-hour cruise on Lake Washington
· Views of the magnificent Blue Angels Air Show from the decks of a Waterways’ yacht
· Chef Udo’s Authentic Tennessee BBQ Lunch Buffet
· Narration of interesting sites, local landmarks and fascinating facts about the history and culture of Seattle from the Captain.
· Handcrafted cocktails, including a Specialty Seafair Cocktail, and “design your own” drinks, wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase
· Cost is $89 per person; $81 for seniors and military; $39 for children (ages 5 to 12); no charge for children 4 and younger
Tennessee BBQ Buffet Menu:
Classic Caesar salad
Stone-ground mustard and potato salad
Sweet and smokey pulled pork
(slow-roasted for 12 hours and served with our homemade BBQ sauce)
Cornmeal dusted fried catfish served with house tartar and a squeeze of lemon
Tennessee style chicken breasts
Hoagie rolls and jalapeño cheddar cornbread
Corn on the cob
Assorted cookies and brownies
WHERE: Yachts will depart from Waterways Cruises HomePort in Seattle and Southport Pier in Renton
· HomePort in Seattle - 2441 N. Northlake Way
· Southport Pier in Renton - 1083 Lake Washington Blvd. N
WHEN: Boarding starts 30 minutes before departure time
· Saturday, August 6 from Waterways’ Homeport in Seattle at 11:30 a.m.
· Sunday, August 7 from Waterways’ Homeport in Seattle and Southport Pier in Renton at 11:30 a.m.
Reservations can be made online at http://websales.waterwayscruises.com or by phone (206) 223-2060 for groups of 8 or more guests. Advance reservations required.
Waterways Cruises was founded in 1994 by Hilton Smith and grew from a small family operation into Seattle’s most upscale cruise and event company. Originally starting with a single yacht for private charters, Waterways successfully expanded its operations to three luxurious vessels (Emerald Star, Olympic Star, and Destiny), accommodating upwards of 40,000 guests per year for weddings, corporate events, special celebrations and dining cruises.
In 2010 Waterways Cruises launched Lake Washington Dining Cruises, departing from the Southport Pier & Promenade in Renton and from the Waterways’ HomePort in Seattle. Featuring seasonal menus, scenic cruise routes and exciting entertainment options, Lake Washington Dining Cruises brings fine dining experience and sightseeing opportunities to Lake Union and Lake Washington.
# # #